- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons pure chile powder
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 1/2 pounds thin chicken cutlets
- One 5 1/2-ounce bag plain, salted potato chips, finely crushed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 225°. In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the chile powder, five-spice powder, lemon zest, pepper and a generous pinch of salt. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
Spread the potato chips on a sheet of wax paper. Coat the chicken with the crumbs, pressing to help them adhere.
Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet. When the foam subsides, add one-third of the chicken cutlets and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while you cook the remaining 2 batches of chicken.