Honeyed Yogurt and Blueberry Tart with Ginger Crust
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN plus overnight draining
- SERVINGS: 8
- 10 whole graham crackers, broken into pieces, or 1 1/2 cups plus 2 1/2 tablespoons of crumbs
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups Greek-style nonfat yogurt, drained overnight
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (9 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a 14-by-4 1/2-inch rectangular fluted tart pan with a removable bottom with cooking spray. In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers with the crystallized ginger, sugar and salt until finely ground. Add the butter and egg white and pulse until the crumbs are evenly coated. Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned. Let the crust cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix the drained yogurt with the honey. Spread the yogurt in the crust and arrange the blueberries over the surface of the yogurt. Cut the tart in slices and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.