- 1/2 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 11 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2 cups full-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup clover honey
How to make this recipe
- In a food processor, pulse the pistachios until finely ground. In the bowl of a standing electric mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the butter with the granulated sugar at medium speed until pale, about 1 minute. Add the ground pistachios, almond extract and salt and beat until combined. Add the flour and beat at low speed until incorporated and the dough is crumbly.
- Scrape the dough into a 9-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Using the bottom of a glass, press the dough over the bottom and up the side of the tart pan. Refrigerate until chilled, 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300°. Prick the dough all over with a fork. Bake the crust for about 45 minutes, until lightly golden. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
- In the bowl of the mixer, beat the goat cheese, yogurt, lime juice and lime zest until combined. Add the confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth. Scrape the filling into the crust and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, in a small saucepan, cook the honey over moderately high heat until it reaches 236° on a candy thermometer, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir until slightly cooled, about 2 minutes. Drizzle the honey over the tart and let stand until the honey firms up, about 5 minutes. Cut the tart into wedges and serve.
The tart can be prepared through Step 4 and refrigerated overnight.