- 2 dozen whole chicken wings, tips left on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lime zest (from 2 limes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons New Mexico or ancho chile powder
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Arrange the wings in a single layer on 2 rimmed baking sheets and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 40 minutes, until crisp, golden and cooked through.
- In a small saucepan, whisk the honey with the whiskey and bring to a simmer over moderately high heat. Off the heat, whisk in the mustard.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar with the zest, chile powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- Transfer the wings to a large bowl. Pour the sauce on top and toss to coat. Transfer the wings to a platter, sprinkle with some of the spiced sugar and serve. (Use any remaining spiced sugar to season roast chicken or pork.)
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.