- 1 pound apricots, cut into eighths
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- Four 12-inch squares of heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Mascarpone and crumbled vanilla wafers, for serving
- In a medium bowl, toss the apricots with the lemon juice, honey, vanilla bean seeds and sugar. Spoon 1/4 tablespoon of the butter in the center of each sheet of foil and top with the fruit. Bring 2 sides of the foil up over the fruit and fold to form a seam across the top. Fold the remaining 2 sides to seal the hobo packs completely.
- Grill the hobo packs over moderate heat until the fruit is sizzling, about 10 minutes. Open the hobo packs and pour the fruit and juices into bowls. Serve with mascarpone and vanilla wafers.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.