- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread the sesame seeds in a pie plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk the almond flour with the baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, mix the honey with the tahini and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch scoop, scoop the dough into balls. Roll the balls in the sesame seeds, then flatten them into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Transfer the rounds to the baking sheets, arranging them so they’re about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 minutes, until the bottoms are golden; shift the pans from top to bottom halfway through. Transfer the cookies to a rack and let cool before serving.
The cookies can be stored in an airtight container overnight.
Almond flour, also known as almond meal, is made from finely ground almonds and is available at health food stores. One cookie: 74 cal, 5 gm fat, 0.6 gm sat fat, 6 gm carb, 1 gm fiber, 2 gm protein.