- SERVINGS: Makes 1 Drink
Miles Macquarrie loves finding alternatives to refined sugar for cocktails. He sweetens this peppery drink with honey from local Georgia beehives.
Slideshow: Excellent Gin Cocktails
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Martin Miller’s Westbourne Strength
- 1/2 ounce vodka, preferably potato-based vodka
- 1/2 ounce Lillet blanc
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce honey syrup (2 teaspoons honey mixed with 1 teaspoon warm water)
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Tincture (see Note)
- 1 lemon wheel, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the garnish and shake well. Strain into a chilled coupe and garnish with the lemon wheel.
Notes Black Pepper Tincture In a jar, cover 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns with 2 ounces overproof vodka. Let stand at room temperature for 1 week. Pour the tincture through a fine strainer into a clean jar. Store at room temperature for up to 1 month. Makes 2 ounces.