© David De Vleeschauwer
Honey-Rosemary Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes
- SERVINGS: 4
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, with skin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Ten 4-inch fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 or 2 small dried hot chiles
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a 9-by-13-inch enameled cast-iron or glass baking dish, toss the garlic with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, or until sizzling but not browned.
- Place the chicken on a sheet of wax paper, skin side down. Season with salt and pepper and spread with half of the honey. Remove the dish from the oven and push the garlic to the side. Arrange the chicken breasts in the hot dish, skin side up. Season with salt and pepper and spread with the remaining honey.
- Surround the chicken with the cherry tomatoes, 6 of the rosemary sprigs and the dried chiles. Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil on top and season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 25 minutes, occasionally basting with the pan juices, until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken, tomatoes, and garlic to plates. Stir the vinegar into the baking dish and spoon the sauce over the chicken. Garnish each serving with a rosemary sprig.