© John Kernick
Honey-Roasted Apricots with Amaretti Cookies
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Jessica Theroux drizzles apricots with honey before roasting (plums and peaches work well, too) and crumbles store-bought amaretti (Italian cookies made with egg whites and almond flour) for a crispy topping.
- 1 pound apricots, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon honey, heated
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup crushed amaretti cookies
- 2 tablespoons chilled heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the apricots on the baking sheet, cut sides up. Drizzle the honey on top and sprinkle with the sugar, cardamom and crushed cookies. Bake for 30 minutes, until softened and lightly browned.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream until soft peaks barely form. Transfer the apricots to plates, spoon the cream on top and serve.
Notes One Serving 126 cal, 4 gm fat, 1.7 gm sat fat, 20 gm carb, 1 gm fiber, 0.5 gm protein.