- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant or quick-cooking)
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Roasted or poached fruit or yogurt, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix the oats with the flour, walnuts, almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the oil with the honey and vanilla; drizzle over the crumb topping and mix until well coated.
- Spread the crumble on a baking sheet in an even layer. Bake in the center of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the crumble is golden brown. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely to crisp up, about 1 hour. Spoon the crumble over roasted or poached fruit or yogurt.
The crumble can be stored in an airtight container for 1 week.