Honey-Mustard-Glazed Salmon Steaks
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
Any time a novice cook asks Jamie Bissonnette for a simple recipe, he gives them this soy-honey-mustard sauce. It’s delicious on the salmon here, but he also recommends spreading it on chicken wings or pork chops before grilling.
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped thyme
- Four 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets or 6- to 8-ounce salmon steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- Canola oil, for brushing
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mustards with the honey, soy sauce, garlic and thyme.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan and oil the grate or pan. Brush the salmon fillets with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the salmon fillets skinned side down over moderate heat for about 3 minutes. Turn and grill about 3 minutes longer, until the salmon is nearly cooked through. Generously brush both sides of the salmon with the honey mustard and grill, turning frequently, until richly glazed, about 1 minute. (For salmon steaks, grill over moderately high heat, turning once, for 4 to 5 minutes, then brush with the honey mustard, turning frequently, for 1 minute.) Transfer to a platter or plates and serve, passing the remaining honey mustard at the table.
The honey mustard can be refrigerated overnight.Serve With
Steamed or grilled bok choy.
Floral, full-bodied Torrontés, a white wine from Argentina, is superb with rich, saucy seafood dishes like this salmon.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.