Honey Mustard Chicken Salad Sandwich
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This chicken salad sandwich recipe is easy to double for unexpected lunch guests.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices of bread or 4 buns
- Arugula, alfalfa sprouts, sliced tomato and pickles, for serving (optional)
- In a large pot cover the chicken breasts with water. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the water and let cool. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, mustard, honey and chili powder. Stir in the chicken and celery. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread chicken salad over 4 slices of bread, top with desired toppings and cover with remaining slices of bread.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.