Honey-Lime Strawberries with Whipped Cream
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
These strawberries, macerated in lime and honey, become a bracing summer dessert when served over a scoop of lemon sorbet. The whole thing can also go into the blender with a shot of rum to make an excellent frozen daiquiri.
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons honey, preferably acacia or another mild-flavored honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest, plus more for garnish
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 pints lemon sorbet
- Put the strawberries in a large heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the honey with the lime juice and bring to a boil. Stir in the 1/2 teaspoon of lime zest and the cardamom. Pour the syrup over the strawberries, stirring to coat. Let stand, stirring once or twice, until the berries are juicy and slightly softened, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, whip the heavy cream with the remaining 1 tablespoon of honey until soft peaks form. Scoop the lemon sorbet into glasses and top with the strawberries and their juices. Dollop the whipped cream on top and garnish with lime zest. Serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.