- Cooking oil for frying
- 3 cups walnut halves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- In a wok, heat oil for deep-frying to 300° over medium heat. Add walnuts and deep-fry, turning frequently, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in a saucepan. Cook, stirring, over low heat until brown sugar melts. Add honey and five-spice; mix well. Remove saucepan from heat and add walnuts and sesame seeds; toss gently to coat.
- Spread mixture in a foil-lined baking pan. Let stand until cool. Break into bite size pieces before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.