- 1 1/4 pounds parsnips, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1/4 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- One 1 1/4 pound celery root—peeled, quartered and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1/4 pounds golden beets, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 thyme sprigs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss the root vegetables with the oil, honey and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Divide between 2 large, sturdy rimmed baking sheets. Cover with foil and roast for 40 minutes, shifting the pans once, until the vegetables are tender. Remove the foil and roast for 10 minutes longer, until glazed. Return them to the bowl and stir in the vinegar then season with salt and pepper. Serve right away.
The vegetables can be cooked early in the day and kept at room temperature before rewarming.