Honey-Glazed Pork Chops
- SERVINGS: 4
These honey-glazed pork chops have a quick, simple recipe: Thick, succulent chops are slathered with a spicy-sweet glaze, seared, then baked in the oven.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Four 1-inch thick pork loin chops, preferably boneless, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a shallow nonreactive baking dish, blend the honey, vinegar, and mustard. Add the pork chops, turn to coat and let marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Heat a large, heavy ovenproof skillet. Add the oil and heat until almost smoking. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, add them to the skillet and cook over high heat until well browned on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Turn the chops, put the skillet in the oven and bake for about 12 minutes, or until the meat is just cooked through but still juicy. Transfer the chops to plates and serve with Anthony's Home Fries and sautéed watercress.
An Alsace Gewürztraminer has a dry, aromatic spiciness that accents the pork chops and a pleasantly bitter finish that contrasts with the honeyed sweetness of the glaze.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.