- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons oyster-flavored sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel or orange peel
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup diced mango
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- Cooking oil for frying
- Cornstarch for dry-coating
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
How to make this recipe
- Place chicken pieces between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound lightly with flat side of a mallet until about l/4 inch thick. Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes. Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan; set aside. Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat until hot. Add 2 tablespoons oil, swirling to coat sides. Dredge chicken in cornstarch; shake to remove excess. Dip into egg, drain briefly, and then coat with panko. Pan-fry chicken, turning once, and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Heat sauce over medium heat and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.
- To serve, cut chicken into bite-size pieces, arrange on a plate, and pour sauce over the top. Serve with salsa on the side.