- 18 chicken drumsticks
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- Vegetable oil, for the grill
- 6 tablespoons honey, warmed
- Make 3 crosswise slashes down to the bone on the meaty part of each drumstick. Put the chicken in a large shallow baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the salt, pepper, five-spice powder, garlic and cilantro. Add the sesame oil; stir into a paste. Rub the paste in the slashes in the chicken and spread any remaining paste over the skin. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Light a grill. Lightly oil the grate. Grill the chicken over a medium-hot fire, turning occasionally, for about 35 minutes, or until just cooked through. Brush the drumsticks with the honey and grill until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Serve hot.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.