- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup minced fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 4 chicken legs, cut into drumsticks and thighs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. In a bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, ginger, jalapeño, garam masala, coriander, cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper and 3 teaspoons of the lime zest. Prick the chicken with a fork, add it to the bowl and toss. In a small bowl, mix the sugar with the remaining lime zest.
In a large ovenproof skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in the oil over moderately high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning, until golden, 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the lime sugar and roast for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
Add the lime juice and the remaining butter to the skillet. Serve the chicken with the pan juices and lime wedges.
Vibrant, lightly sweet Riesling.