- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup minced fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 4 chicken legs, cut into drumsticks and thighs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, ginger, jalapeño, garam masala, coriander, cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper and 3 teaspoons of the lime zest. Prick the chicken with a fork, add it to the bowl and toss. In a small bowl, mix the sugar with the remaining lime zest.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in the oil over moderately high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning, until golden, 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the lime sugar and roast for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the lime juice and the remaining butter to the skillet. Serve the chicken with the pan juices and lime wedges.
Vibrant, lightly sweet Riesling.