Honey Frozen Yogurt with Pomegranate Swirl
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 3 HRS
- SERVINGS: 6
The frozen yogurt base calls for only two ingredients—yogurt and honey—so the honey flavor is intense.
- 2 cups pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup mild honey, such as acacia
- 2 cups full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- In a food processor, pulse the pomegranate seeds until they release their juice; transfer the seeds and juice to a medium saucepan. Whisk the lemon juice, cornstarch and 1/4 cup of the honey into the pomegranate juice and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat until the pomegranate sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes; remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Strain the sauce through a sieve into a bowl; discard the seeds. Refrigerate the sauce until well chilled.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk 1/4 cup of honey into the yogurt. Scrape the yogurt into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer the frozen yogurt to a metal loaf pan and pour the pomegranate sauce on top. Using a knife or spoon, gently swirl the sauce into the yogurt.
- Cover and freeze the yogurt until firm, about 2 hours, then serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.