© Quentin Bacon
Honey-Chile Chicken Wings
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the broiler and set a rack in the center of the oven. In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the wings on a wire rack set over a large, sturdy baking sheet. Broil for 45 to 50 minutes, turning once or twice, until the wings are cooked through and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the vinegar and crushed red pepper and simmer for 1 minute. Let cool, then whisk in the honey and soy sauce.
- In a large bowl, carefully toss the chicken wings with the honey-soy mixture. Transfer the wings to a platter, sprinkle with the scallions and serve.
Supple, blackberry-rich Merlot.