- Seeds from 1 medium (10-pound) pumpkin (about 1 cup)
- 4 cups water
- 2 black tea bags
- 1 tablespoon kosher or sea salt, to taste
- 3 anise stars
- 8 to 10 black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
Combine the water, tea bags, salt, anise stars, and peppercorns in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the pumpkin seeds and boil for 10 minutes. Drain. Pat the pumpkins seeds dry on paper towels.
In a bowl, toss together the pumpkin seeds, vegetable oil, honey, and ground ginger. Spread the coated seeds evenly on the lined baking pan. Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning the seeds every 10 minutes. Remove the seeds from the oven when they are crispy. Allow to cool to room temperature and serve.