- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chicken is popular among the Duke faculty, many of whom eat at the Nasher daily. To satisfy their appetite for something new, Amy Tornquist came up with this recipe for honey-and-spice-glazed chicken. A touch of cayenne pepper adds kick.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken breast halves on the bone, with skin (10 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a small bowl, stir together the honey, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, paprika and cayenne.
- Put the chicken breasts on a rimmed baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, make 2 deep slashes in each breast. Season the breasts with salt and black pepper, then brush most of the honey glaze all over them. Bake for 15 minutes. Brush the remaining honey glaze over the chicken breasts and bake for about 10 minutes longer, until just cooked through.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the oven and preheat the broiler. Brush the juices from the baking sheet onto the chicken and broil for about 1 minute, or until the chicken skin is crisp. Serve the glazed chicken right away.
Smoky, spicy Syrah-Cabernet blend.