Honey-and-Lemon-Glazed Roast Chicken
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Three 3-pound chickens
- 9 large rosemary sprigs
- 9 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 lemon, cut into 12 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine the honey, lemon juice and soy sauce. Set the chickens on a large rimmed baking sheet and tuck the wing tips underneath. Season the cavities with salt and stuff each one with 3 rosemary sprigs, 3 quartered garlic cloves and 4 lemon wedges. Brush two-thirds of the honey glaze over the chickens and season lightly with salt. Roast in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°. Rotate the chickens in the pan and brush with the remaining glaze. Roast the chickens for about 45 minutes longer, until the juices run clear when the thighs are pierced; turn the pan halfway through roasting. Transfer the chickens to a carving board and let rest for 15 minutes. Carve the chickens and serve.
The soy sauce gives the skin a salty, earthy edge that's ideal for a Pinot Noir like Piero's powerful Bodega Chacra Treinta y Dos. An easier-to-find alternative would be a good Burgundy.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.