- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 large jalapeños—halved, seeded and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are starting to soften, about 8 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let cool slightly, then cut them into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the potatoes, cover and cook over moderately low heat until just tender, about 10 minutes; stir halfway through. Stir in the onion, jalapeños and cumin seeds. Cover and cook, stirring a few times, until the onion and jalapeños are tender, about 10 minutes. Uncover and cook over moderately high heat until the potatoes are browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.