- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon pureed canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 8 to 10 ounces tortilla chips (1 medium bag)
- 6 ounces (1 1⁄2 cups) coarsely grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 avocados—halved, pitted and diced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 large tomato, seeds and pulp removed, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 recipe Smoky Guacamole (see Note)
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix the sour cream, lime juice and chipotle puree until combined. Set the crema aside until ready to use.
Arrange the chips on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over the chips. Top with the avocado, onion and tomato and the remaining cheese. Bake until the cheese has melted but not browned, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drizzle with the chipotle crema, sprinkle with cilantro and serve with Smoky Guacamole on the side.