Holiday Quinoa and Cranberry Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Decorate your holiday feasting table with this healthy quinoa salad that's studded with sweet cranberries and crunchy almonds.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Combine the quinoa, water and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, and after the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan.
- Gently simmer, covered, for 15 minutes (there may still be some water not yet absorbed). Remove from heat.
- Keeping the pan covered, let it stand for 5 minutes, or until the remaining water is absorbed.
- Remove the lid and gently fluff the quinoa. Set aside to cool.
- Melt butter a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in orange juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, and the dried cranberries. Bring the liquids to simmer and then gently simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Toss together the quinoa, cranberry mixture with the juices, and almonds and then serve at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.