Hobo Potatoes with Fennel and Herbs
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 8
- 3 pounds fingerling potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced and seeded
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- Light a grill. In a large bowl, toss all of the ingredients. Tear off four 20-inch-long sheets of extra-heavy-duty aluminum foil. Arrange 2 sheets side by side and cover each with a second sheet. Mound half of the potatoes on half of each foil sheet, making sure that there's a thyme sprig, a rosemary sprig and a bay leaf in each mound. Fold the foil over the potatoes and crimp the edges tightly to seal.
- Set the packages on the grill and cook over moderate heat, shaking them occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes. Using tongs, carefully transfer the packages to a platter. Open and spoon the potatoes into a bowl.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.