- 6 long French rolls, halved lengthwise, or 2 long baguettes, each split lengthwise and cut into 3 sections
- Butter, for spreading
- Mayonnaise, for spreading
- About 2 tablespoons minced bird chile
- Vinegared Carrots
- 3/4 pound pâté de campagne or thinly sliced mortadella, cured ham or any other prepared meat
- 2 cups cilantro sprigs
How to make this recipe
- Spread the cut sides of the rolls with butter and mayonnaise. Sprinkle some of the minced chile on the bottom half of each roll and top each with some of the Vinigared Carrots. Spread the pâté on each sandwich or arrange the sliced meats on the rolls and top with cilantro sprigs. Close the sandwiches, press them together firmly and serve.
A refreshing beer with a touch of sweetness will best match the sweet-and-sour flavors in these spicy sandwiches.