Hippie-Style Egg Salad Sandwiches
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 sandwiches
Philadelphia restaurateur Aimee Olexy makes her outstanding egg salad with a number of surprise ingredients, including roasted sunflower seeds, sunflower sprouts and finely grated carrot.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 10 large hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 3 tablespoons salted roasted sunflower seeds or toasted pine nuts, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices of Pullman bread, toasted
- Sunflower sprouts, for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the carrot, vinegar and mustard. Fold in the chopped eggs, celery, bell pepper, parsley, tarragon, chives and the 3 tablespoons of sunflower seeds. Season with salt, pepper and Tabasco.
- Spoon the egg salad on half of the toasts. Garnish with sunflower sprouts and sunflower seeds. Close the sandwiches and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.