- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 drink
When Sean Muldoon tried his first cup of Lapsang souchong tea about a year ago, he noticed subtle chocolate notes in addition to the characteristic smokiness. He immediately thought of pairing the tea with a peaty Scotch whisky.
- 1 1/3 ounces single-malt Scotch, preferably Highland Park
- 1/3 ounce dark crème de cacao
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 ounce homemade Lapsang Souchong Syrup
- 1 teaspoon cane syrup or Rich Simple Syrup
- 2 dashes of Fee Brothers Old Fashion bitters or Angostura bitters
- 2 ounces chilled ginger ale
- 1 lemon wedge, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the ginger ale and the garnish and shake well. Strain into an ice-filled highball glass and stir in the ginger ale. Garnish with the lemon wedge and serve with a long straw.