- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: Makes about 12 drinks
"I love punches for large parties because you can make them ahead of time," says Kathy Casey. Dried hibiscus flowers, also called flor de Jamaica, give this punch a tart, exotic flavor and a fabulous magenta color. They also make a beautiful garnish. The flowers can be found at Latin and Caribbean markets and at health food stores.
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers or loose hibiscus tea
- 48 ounces boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 32 ounces vodka
- 8 ounces fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon Angostura bitters
- Lime wheels, for garnish
- In a large heatproof bowl, cover the hibiscus flowers with the boiling water and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain into a large heatproof jar, stir in the honey and let cool; refrigerate the flowers. Stir the vodka into the hibiscus liquid and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours or up to 4 days. Stir in the lime juice, pineapple juice and bitters. Pour into ice-filled double rocks glasses and garnish with the hibiscus flowers and lime wheels.