Hibiscus and Grapefruit Sorbet
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Way This dessert has several complex components: hibiscus sorbet, yuzu curd and rose-water foam.
Easy Way The hibiscus sorbet, the simplest and most delicious part of the restaurant dessert, stands alone. A simple combination of sugar, water, hibiscus tea (often sold as Red Zinger) and grapefruit juice gets churned in an ice cream maker.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 Red Zinger tea bags or plain hibiscus tea bags
- 1 cup fresh pink grapefruit juice
- In a large bowl, stir the sugar into the boiling water and add the tea bags. Let steep for 10 minutes.
- Discard the tea bags and stir in the grapefruit juice.
- Chill the liquid in an ice water bath, then transfer to an ice cream machine. Freeze the sorbet according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.