- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup arborio rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 quart full-fat plain yogurt
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mint
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped watercress or basil
- Kosher salt
- Ground cinnamon, for sprinkling
How to make this recipe
In a large saucepan, beat the egg with the flour and rice. Whisk in the yogurt and water and cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until thickened slightly and the rice is tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in the herbs and cook for 2 minutes. Season the soup with salt. Ladle into wide bowls, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.
The soup can be refrigerated overnight. Reheat gently before serving; stir in a bit of water if the soup seems too thick.