© Phoebe Lapine
Herbed Wild Rice Salad
- ACTIVE: 05 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
Even though wild rice has long been thought of as a wintry dish, this salad is a great way to get whole grains on the table during the warmer months, while using up your garden herbs.
Slideshow: Salads with Grains
- 1 cup wild rice
- 8 cups cold water
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large saucepan, cover the rice with the water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over moderately low heat until the wild rice is tender but still chewy, about 1 hour. Drain the wild rice well.
- Toss the wild rice with the chives, mint, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and serve.