Herbed Tomato Juice
- SERVINGS: 10
This liquified version of gazpacho is so intense that a small cup will suffice for each guest.
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped tarragon
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, thyme, tarragon, garlic, sherry vinegar and cayenne and process until smooth. Season lightly with salt and black pepper. Transfer the puree to a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Just before serving, strain the tomato juice through a fine sieve, pressing on the tomatoes. Season again with salt and pepper. Whisk until frothy, then pour into small cups and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.