- 1/4 pound Italian bread, torn
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 20 jumbo shrimp (2 pounds), shelled and deveined
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 pound capellini or angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Make the Bread Crumbs Preheat the oven to 350°. In a food processor, pulse the bread with the parsley, oregano, garlic and crushed red pepper until coarse crumbs form. Add the melted butter and lemon juice and pulse until evenly moistened. Season with salt and pepper, then spread the bread crumbs in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden and crisp; let cool.
- Make the Shrimp Preheat the broiler and bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the shallot, parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, crushed red pepper and 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the Shrimp Arrange the shrimp in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Broil 6 inches from the heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until lightly browned and just cooked through; flip the shrimp halfway through broiling.
- Make the Shrimp Meanwhile, cook the capellini in the boiling water until al dente. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Add the lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and toss again. Arrange the shrimp over the pasta and sprinkle some of the spicy bread crumbs on top. Serve right away, passing additional bread crumbs and olive oil at the table.
The spicy bread crumbs can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.