© Mirjam Bleeker
Herbed Ricotta with Roasted Peppers
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 6
- 3 medium red bell peppers
- 3 medium yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound fresh ricotta
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Set the peppers in a roasting pan and roast, turning occasionally, until blackened in spots and softened, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Peel, core and seed the peppers, then cut them into 1/2-inch wide strips. In a bowl, toss the peppers with 1/4 cup of the olive oil, 3 tablespoons of the parsley and half of the garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the ricotta until creamy. Whisk in the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil, 3 tablespoons of parsley and half of the garlic along with the mint, jalapeño and thyme; season with salt and pepper.
- Mound the ricotta in the center of a plate. Arrange the pepper strips around the ricotta, spoon the pepper juices on top and serve with crusty bread.
Make Ahead The recipe can be prepared several hours ahead and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.