- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup frozen petit peas, unthawed
- 3 tablespoons chopped frehsly flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice with 3 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover the saucepan, reduce the heat to low and cook for 18 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff the rice and transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, shallots and mustard. Whisk in the oil in a thin, stead stream. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss the rice with the cucumber, peas, parsley and dill. Just before serving, stir in the dressing; season with salt and pepper.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.