- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- The juice and zest of 1 lemon
- The leaves of 3 to 4 sprigs of fresh thyme, picked
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
In a medium pot over high heat, bring the quinoa, water and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the quinoa has fully absorbed the water, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
In a serving bowl, toss the quinoa with the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or chilled.
The quinoa can be made a day ahead and refrigerated, tossed with the remaining ingredients.