Herbed Pork Tenderloin with Strawberry Salsa
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
- Two 3/4-pound pork tenderloins
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced sage
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pint strawberries, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 1 cup diced papaya (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Rub each tenderloin with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. On a plate, mix the parsley, sage and rosemary; add the pork and pat to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet. Add the tenderloins and brown over moderate heat, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the pork until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 145° to 150°, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a carving board to rest for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the strawberries, papaya, cilantro, onion, lime juice and the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Season with salt. Carve the meat and serve with the strawberry salsa.
Notes One Serving 289 calories, 10.9 gm total fat, 2.7 gm saturated fat, 11 gm carb.