Herbed Pork Tenderloin with Strawberry Salsa
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
- Two 3/4-pound pork tenderloins
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced sage
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pint strawberries, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 1 cup diced papaya (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Rub each tenderloin with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. On a plate, mix the parsley, sage and rosemary; add the pork and pat to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet. Add the tenderloins and brown over moderate heat, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the pork until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 145° to 150°, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a carving board to rest for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the strawberries, papaya, cilantro, onion, lime juice and the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Season with salt. Carve the meat and serve with the strawberry salsa.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.