- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary leaves
- One 4-pound pork rib roast cut from the loin end, chine bone removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, blend the garlic with the olive oil, thyme and rosemary. Rub the herb paste all over the pork roast and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 500°. Set the pork in a small roasting pan and season with salt and pepper. Roast the pork for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 325°. Continue roasting the pork for 40 minutes longer, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat registers 155°. Transfer the pork to a carving board and let stand for about 10 minutes. Cut between the ribs, transfer the chops to plates and serve.
Grits and grilled eggplant.
A creamy Chardonnay with hints of fruit and oak or a light-bodied red.