Herbed New Potatoes
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 10
- 5 pounds small red new potatoes, scrubbed
- 6 rosemary sprigs
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Add half of the rosemary, thyme and garlic and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and pat dry. Discard the herbs and garlic.
- Cut the potatoes in half and transfer to a large bowl. Add the olive oil and crushed red pepper. Tear the remaining rosemary and thyme sprigs into 1-inch pieces and add them to the bowl along with the remaining garlic. Season with salt and toss. Arrange the potatoes cut side down on 2 large rimmed baking sheets; add any herbs, garlic and oil left in the bowl. Roast for about 25 minutes, until the potatoes are golden and crisp, shifting the pans halfway through baking. Discard the garlic and herbs. Transfer the roasted potatoes to a platter, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.