Herbed Meatballs with Garlicky Yogurt
- SERVINGS: 4
More Great Comfort Food Recipes
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 3/4 pound ground lamb
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup full-fat plain yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 small garlic clove, very finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine the pork, lamb, Pecorino, mint and dill with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Mix with your hands until combined, then shape the meat into 1-inch balls.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet. Add the meatballs and cook over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until browned and firm, about 15 minutes.
- Mix the yogurt and garlic, season with salt and pepper and spoon onto a serving platter. Top with the meatballs and serve immediately.