- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped tarragon
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Heat the oil in a casserole. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the rice, bay leaf and lemon zest and cook, stirring, until the rice is well coated.
- Add the stock, wine, lemon juice and salt and bring to a boil. Cover and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and has absorbed the liquid. Fluff with a fork and discard the bay leaf. Stir in the tarragon and serve.
One serving Calories 120 kcal, Total Fat 2.3 gm, Saturated Fat 0.5 gm