Herbed Fresh Cheese with Frisée
- SERVINGS: 6
This fresh cheese enlivened with minced shallots, fresh herbs and vinegar is typically served in bouchons, or bistros, throughout the Lyonnais.
- 3/4 pound fromage blanc (1 1/2 cups) or 11 ounces soft goat cheese mixed with 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound frisée (3 heads)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- MAKE THE SALAD: Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until thoroughly blended.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the frisée with the olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Make a well in the center of the frisée salad, spoon in the herbed cheese and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.