Herbed Fazzoletti with Asparagus and Burrata
- ACTIVE: 45 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
- 3/4 cup parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chervil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh pasta sheets, cut into 3-inch squares (fazzoletti)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, preferably Italian
- 10 ounces burrata or buffalo mozzarella, cut into cubes
- In a blender or food processor, combine the 3/4 cup of parsley with the 2 tablespoons each of chives, tarragon and chervil. Pulse until chopped. Add the lemon juice and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the oil and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Put the asparagus in a colander and ease it into the boiling water. Blanch the asparagus just until bright green, about 2 minutes. Shake dry. Boil the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the pine nuts and toast over moderate heat until golden; transfer to a plate. Add the pasta, herb puree, asparagus and the pasta water to the skillet. Cook over moderate heat, tossing well. Toss in the cheese and pine nuts. Transfer to bowls and garnish with whole herbs.
Steely Italian Pinot Grigio.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.