- 2 cups mixed green and black olives (3/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely chopped rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 450°. On a small baking sheet, toss the olives, olive oil, garlic, oregano, fennel seeds, crushed red pepper, salt and black pepper. Roast until sizzling, about 15 minutes. Transfer the olives to a bowl and toss with the orange zest, parsley and rosemary. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Per 1/2 cup 211 calories, 22.6 gm total fat, 1.0 gm saturated fat, 4 gm carb.