Herb-Marinated Peppers and Tuna
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
This simple, intensely flavorful dish from F&W's Kay Chun combines luscious jarred tuna with peppers, garlic, capers and basil. Serve it with thick slices of crusty bread for soaking up the tasty seasoned olive oil.
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head of garlic, cloves peeled and crushed
- 4 poblano peppers (1 pound), sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/3 cup drained capers
- Two 8-ounce jars good-quality tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- Lemon wedges and crusty bread, for serving
- Heat the oven to 450°. In a baking dish, combine the olive oil, garlic, poblanos and capers. Roast for 20 minutes, until the poblanos are tender. Let cool until warm, then stir in the tuna and basil. Serve with lemon wedges and bread.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.